Sunday, August 29, 2010

Painting Ruthie's nursery

First, Maggie still exists. Since the news of the baby, Maggie has not been mentioned much. She is doing great and we are trying to prepare her for Ruthie, but I don't think she really understands when we tell her she will have a new baby sister soon and will have to share momma and daddy!



So a few weeks ago I posted about how we cleaned out the extra room to make it into a nursery. So step one was done and here is step 2: Painting.

Before

Matt priming

I helped with the priming and painting also and for all those who were worried. I was painting with latex paint, in a well ventilated room, with this face mask on!

Matt painting

Susan came over to help! It really helped to have the extra person!
Finished
Finished

Matt and I started taping and priming at 10:30 and we ended the painting at 3:30! It went by so fast and was so easy. We even took breaks between priming and each paint coat. I think we made great timing! You think Ruthie will like the color? Matt says the room now reminds him of a meadow!

Finally, I drew this as a practice for painting this on a large canvas to put over Ruthie's bed. I just don't know what verse we will use yet. Good thing we have a few months!

No comments: