Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ruthie's 2nd Birthday and Matt's 29th Birthday

We had a fun filled weekend celebrating Ruthie and Matt. Ruthie woke to lots of decorations and presents. She also spent some time loving on her sister!



















Then that night after spending the day just relaxing and playing outside on the slide we took Ruthie to ChickFilA for dinner where Aunt Merry Anna and Uncle Thomas met us for the celebration. Ruthie was so excited about the cake, balloon, and presents. It was so fun to see her not just sit there, but to really get into opening presents and eating her cake.




wanting to color in her books. don't worry she did color soon after this picture. 

I found some awesome Sesame Street paper with Abby Cadabby. I think I will go back and get a few more rolls since I bought them for a dollar at Dollar Tree! You can't beat that especially with the joy that those characters bring to our child! 

can I play? 

"corroring" her new book

the damage to the yummy Publix cake. I have missed Publix cakes!


more awesome wrapping paper

excited about her cool new sidewalk chalk from Aunt Mer and Uncle T.


eating cake!

got to share my drink with the birthday girl!

sharing








The next day was Matt's birthday. He told me he wanted to just spend the day relaxing so that's what we did. He also said he wanted to go to 2 cheaper meals rather than one expensive meal so we ate Larry's Giant Subs for lunch and Season of Japan for dinner. I was not upset about that! Matt forgot that he also signed up to play on a tug of war team for charity for my job so we went to that (pics also below). It was fun and good for us to get out and get fresh air. Funny thing is that it was 55 degrees and people were acting like it was oh so cold and it made us laugh b/c 55 degrees is a nice spring day in KY. Turns out we adjusted to cold while in KY for 4 years and are no longer wimps!
We also watched Taken 2 and we gave him a cool shirt (pic below), a picture frame of Olivia to put in his office, and a cool bumper sticker that says: "Bumperstickers are an ineffectual means of communicating my nuance ideas on a variety of issues that cannot be reduced to a simple pithy slogan." The next day the youth even through him a surprise party and a few of them even called on his birthday. He really is a great youth pastor, daddy, husband, and man in general! I sure do love him! 

hanging out outside watching cars and trucks go by and playing with her slide and ball!


Matt's shirt! hilarious and I think I should find one that says "this person accepts hugs from strangers."
 And now we have just a few extra pics that are just too cute or great for me not to show you!
Daddy's baby girl!



Ruthie playing with her new baby doll stroller at the tug of war tournament

Tug of war team

getting pumped up!

Attitude! (we have hit the terrible twos)
pretty eyes

tummy time and look at those strong muscles!

lilly wanted in on the fun!

Finally, nothing to do with the kids or husband. I found my favorite ice cream from KY  at Winndixie. I was trilled! Graeter's is amazing ice cream and black raspberry chocolate chip is the best they make. I am so excited. Now if only we could find some Ale 8 in this town!


No comments: