Sunday, December 19, 2010

A week of Snow and Ice

This week was a crazy one. On Monday there was a snow storm and on Wednesday evening a snow/ice storm came to the area. Needless to say, it was cold, white, and dangerous. The public school was only in session on Wednesday of this past week. On Monday, Matt went into work after 11 when the road was finally cleaned off. On Thursday and Friday, Matt also went into work later in the morning thanks to a 2 hour delay at the Seminary (there was no delay on Monday morning and some people were not too happy about that).

On Monday, I had no plans, but to go to practicum and since the school was not in session, I decided to stay home and clean, cook, and just rest. On Thursday and Friday, I was told by my sweet husband not to leave the house so that I wouldn't fall and hurt myself or Ruthie. So both days, Raya and Makenna came over and I stayed inside all day. Both evenings we decided to go out and do something. On Thursday we went to the Seminary President's and wife's party at their home and on Friday we went to a flash mob singing of "The Hallelujah Chorus" at the mall with the Bevils. It was fun.

Saturday and today, once again we stayed inside a good bit and just rested. The snow is finally melting, but it is supposed to snow again on Tuesday and on Friday and Saturday. We might even have a White Christmas!!!
Here are some pics of the storm and I will try to upload the flash mob later.





The tree was and still is covered in ice!



that would be ice




No comments: