Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 23

We are now to week 23. Wow!
So far the room is painted and getting cleaned out of all our stuff. We are combining closets and figuring all this stuff out.

Ruthie is growing so much. She is now the size of a papaya or large mango!

The Bump says:
Baby's now the size of a papaya!
Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!Baby Center:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.


Other stuff:
1. All my mom or soon to be mom friends should join Amazon.com/mom for great deals and specials you can only get through the program.
2. Also, the other day my friend Amy informed me that the car seat we/I want is on sale this week at Target. I was really excited b/c it is a great deal (50% off!!!). At the time we were in the car headed back to the house and I told Matt what Amy had told me. Then I said, "It would be great if someone would just call and say they would like to buy us a car seat" and then I said one of those silent, fast prayers for a car seat. When we got home, Matt check his email and 4 min before we walked in the door, his grandmother had sent us an email asking if there was anything she could buy for Ruthie, maybe a car seat!!! How amazing??? I am so thankful for their generosity and for God reminding me that even a small prayer is a prayer and he even answers them when we just ask silently and quickly!
3.This weekend Hobby Lobby was having a great sale so we bought Ruthie letters to go over her bed, a canvas for me to paint, and a cool shelf to hang on the wall. I'm so excited!
4. We have decided to change Ruthie's full name to Ruth Sara Stout. Just wanted to fill everyone in on that one!

Can't wait for her to get here so I can really enjoy my little girl!

No comments: