Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 39

Yep, we are at 39 weeks and nothing new here. We have the nursery ready. The floors are clean. Now we just wait (some more). Here is what the websites day about our progress:

Babycenter: Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls[...let's hope so]). The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

The Bump: Baby's the size of a watermelon (again)!
Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and her skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; she'll change color again soon after birth.) She's now able to flex her limbs, and her nails might extend past her fingertips.

Really nothing new. Just enjoying having some time off. Tomorrow a snow storm is supposed to hit and I will spend the day bathing Mags, calling the dr. office b/c I forgot when my appointment is and can't find the card, do some laundry, and just keep the house in order. Maybe I will play some Wii and do some sudoku (my 2 new favorite things) while I'm at it and take a nap.

Also, we will be posting on Facebook and Twitter and maybe here as progress is made during labor. Nothing too specific, but you will all know when sweet baby Ruthie arrives and if you want to know through text message please leave a comment that let's us know you want a text and with your phone # or send me an email (sarabethstout@windstream.net) with your phone # if I don't have it. I promise you will all be kept up to date as best as possible (at least by Matt since I might be in pain or something).

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

Definitely text me.