Monday, November 1, 2010

29 Weeks

Almost 3/4ths of the way there! Wow! So here is the deal:

The Bump:
Baby's now the size of a squash!
Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since she's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What all this means for you: Get ready for some more kicks and jabs to the ribs.I'm not sure I have ever seen a squash like this one, but apparently my baby girl is this big.

Babycenter: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Now that is a squash I recognize!

Tomorrow, I go for my bi-weekly appointment. I'm so excited to hear if Ruthie is growing right along and if I am holding off on the weight thing. We will see.

No comments: