Monday, November 8, 2010

My Birthday, Birthing Class, and 30 Weeks

Where to start?

First, my 29th birthday was this weekend. I spent it in birthing class, but I also got to spend it with my husband, 2 of our closest friends, and learning about giving birth to my favorite little girl!

So here you can see the season seven Everybody Loves Raymond DVDs along with some beautiful earrings! He did such a great job!




Merry Anna sent me some flowers and they are beautiful as well. Also, while talking about her, Merry Anna will be returning to the US after this school year. I'm excited that she will be closer so Ruthie can have some time with her!
My friends, Linn and John, also gave me this picture frame for my birthday. It is beautiful and I'm excited about putting it to use!
Here we are at birthing class. Matt and Jonathon are trying on the backpack that is similar to the amount of weight that Missy and I are carrying around these days!
Here are the men enjoying the exercise/birthing balls. I bet they did not think about the fact that those may have actually of been used for others to give birth on or during their labor!
Here is our bag of information and papers that we received from the birthing class
Here is one of the 2 items we won for the door prize drawing, a fan which will be very helpful when in labor.
a cute little bag filled with formula and formula related things, we don't plan to use formula, but it is the thought that counts.
The second prize we won with formula (again) and some onesies and other fun things for Ruthie
After class, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner with some of our friends. It was very yummy!
Sunday, we had a baby shower for Missy. Pictures of the shower will be coming soon. Next weekend is my shower and I am so excited!

Well, onto week 30!
The Bump: Baby's now the size of a squash!
As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

Babycenter: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

Hey Sara Beth - Happy belated birthday. Looks like it was a good one. Linn told me the NC news slipped. No big deal - I had shared with my employers but not employees because there were some "kinks" to still work out. Luckily none of them read my blog so I didn't have to worry about it. Oh well. I will share soon.