Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 32

Week 32! We have less than 2 months until Ruthie's due date. How wonderful?!?
Now all we need are some more diapers, a diaper pail, bed skirt, bumper, curtains and rod, a hamper, and maybe a diaper bag.
I have so many bags that I might just use one of the many hanging out in the closet.

The Bump:
Baby's now the size of a squash!
Ready or not, baby's getting ready to emerge. She's probably in the head-down position by now, with her bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for her body to fit in your increasingly cramped womb and will make her eventual exit (only a few months away now!) much easier. (If she's still head-up, don't panic -- there's still time for a flip before birth.)


Baby Center:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
Does anyone know what a jicama is? I saw a picture of it, but I have never heard of it until today.

So we are very close to the end. This week we celebrate Thanksgiving and are so happy for our cute little family that will soon grow to 4 in a few short weeks. I think Maggie is going to love her little sister! We will be spending the holidays in KY this year.
If you want to come visit, know you are welcome. Just call first to make sure we are home!

On a side note: I am having very strange dreams. Nothing too crazy, but very vivid about Ruthie coming early and stuff like that. Matt is also having strange dreams occasionally.
Is this normal? If you want to hear any of the dreams give me a call and I'll fill you in, but I will not make everyone read about my strangeness!
Also, the weight is ever fluctuating which is leading me to believe that the scales in the dr.'s office are just completely unreliable. Yep, that is what I am telling myself.
I am also now craving things again. Today, it was Captain D's.

That's all for now, but stay tuned for a late post later this week about my sweet friends at practicum who threw us a "Build Ruthie a Library" shower!

No comments: