Monday, November 15, 2010

Week 31

Today, we are at 31 weeks! Time is flying! I can't even believe that next week is Thanksgiving and then within 4 weeks it will be Christmas! I just can't wait to meet little Ruthie though.

The Bump:
Baby's now the size of a squash!- Again
Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. Her irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (She won't pick up anything from her nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)
Babycenter:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


Ruthie is moving a lot these days. I sit in class and my stomach just jumps up and down a lot. I have had to move out of the desks and into chairs and tables. Luckily, I have a great husband who brings me a chair to my classroom each Tues/Thurs morning since there isn't a chair and table in that room. It is greatly appreciated. Soon I guess we will start to see little feet and hands sticking out of my tummy...

No comments: